Sunday 16 November 2008

Inspiration...


OK so I fibbed. Just one more tree card before I started on the flowery ones. The stamps are the 'Fall Season' set from inkadinkado. Another inspired by Michelle Zindorf. After that I spent ages looking at some papers I bought a while ago. Lovely colours, but as always the design on the papers is so much larger than on the design sheet in the front of the packet and I just didn't know what to do with them. All I could come up with was a bit of 'licky, sticky crafting' to borrow a phrase of Glenda Waterworth's. Glitter glue, peel-offs and sticky pads for decoupage. Not art, and not really my cup of tea. They will go in my box at a low price. I couldn't send them to anyone.

I started digging around in my flower stamp draw looking for something to be a bit more creative with and found a stamp with a very similar design to one of the other papers. This next attempt left me feeling a little better. After lunch we went for a walk in the woods near to Portland Training College, just off the A60 near Mansfield. The Sun came out and we had a lovely walk. We took a few photos and then headed back to the little Cafe and gift shop for a cuppa before heading home.

Once home I cooked Roast Beef for dinner, and then sat down with some stamps and tried again with a couple of birthday cards and another Christmas card. The first features a Penny Black stamp, the second a Hero Arts stamp and the Angel is a Toybox stamp. I feel better now!

No comments: