Wednesday 24 December 2008

Steve's Card

This year I wanted Steve's card to feature ducks. He really likes ducks and I have bought several stamps with him in mind over the years. The skating ducks stamp was the first I bought specifically for making his Christmas card (1997)and is a Stamporium stamp.The Duck Noel is a penny black stamp bought last year. Whilst you are reading this you might want to spare a thought for Guzziesue, currently nursing a badly broken wrist after falling whilst ice skating. Check out her blog for some fabulous lace making, quilting and embriodery. Wishing you a speedy recovery, Sue! I thought of you when I saw this stamp!!!

A couple of years ago, about this time we had a few hard frosts and Meg and I popped to Rufford Mill to watch the ducks skating for real!


2 comments:

Guzzisue said...

goes to show that ducks can skate better than me, don't see any broken wings :-)
have a great Christmas!!

bikerted said...

If Christopher Dean ever needed a new partner he would soon pass by Guzzi(bionic)sue!
Wishing the three of you a merry Christmas from Ian and myself.