Sunday 2 August 2009

Bleach!

I've been having a little play with some bleach. I used a clarity stamp and made myself a makeshift ink pad with some kitchen roll and some bleach. I was trying to create the impression of elephants stampeding!
Next I stamped a flower panel (Stamporium) in chalk ink and bleached out the petals. I then painted them with Sparkling H2Os.

For the third card I used a flower stamp (Stamporium) that I stamped and embossed onto darker paper that would turn much paler when painted with bleach - I use economy thin bleach as the thick ones don't tend to work. You can buy paper and card specifically for this, but I tend to try darker pieces from my stash.When the bleach was completely dry I coloured it with my Tombow pens.

6 comments:

Guzzisue said...

bleach can be fun, use on quink ink and it leaves a gold mark, use it on black velvet and it looks fantastic:-)

lisa said...

These are all gorgeous Sally. What a great technique. I love the big daisy, that's stunning. This is definitely one I shall be trying out for myself.

Lisax

Spyder said...

Oh wow I haven't tried this technique yet! You've made some lovely cards!
((Lyn))

Anonymous said...

Do the stamps require any special cleaning after the bleach or just a spray and a wipe? Gina

Sally H said...

The elephant stamp is a clear acrylic one, so I just washed it in warm soapy water. I generally just use babywipes to clean my stamps though.

Vince B said...

I REALLY like all your cards,you certainly have a rare skill and a keen eye.
Wonderful.