Sunday 6 September 2009

Big flowers

I've finished my planning for next week and decided to give myself a little craft break. This is another flower I stamped and took on holiday to colour with my promarkers, so I just needed a card to put it on. The stamps are all Elusive images (Graphicus) from the Ruby Tuesday, Butterfly poppy and butterfly daisy collage sheets. For the backgrounds I used distress inks in Antique Linen, Dried marigold, spiced marmalade, tea dye and brushed corduroy. I also used Vintage sepia versafine. I put the glitter on after seeing Glenda's beautiful creation here.
Work has been great so far, although very, very busy. I have a wonderful class with only twenty children in it at the moment, but I am expecting numbers to go up as we are the only school in the area with spaces in the infant classes. I'm hoping I can do things like planning etc mid week next week to leave the weekend free for Harrogate. I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to going as it is the only show I will have been to this year. Off to plan Tuesday's staff meeting now. Have a good Sunday!
P.S. I've just found out Sunday Stampers theme is Life, and I think this fits the bill, so I'll enter it on there too!

7 comments:

Debbie Dolphin said...

This is lovely sally and i just love the colours you have used.very autumnul!!
debbie

brenda said...

Hi Sally

Fabulous flower, your colouring is perfect.

Lucky you with a class of 20, most of our are pushing 30.

B x

Sally H said...

I'm feeling guilty Brenda, cos the junior classes are 32,33, and 34... I have had 27 or 28 for the past 3 years though, so I'm not expecting it to stay that way for long!

Hels Sheridan said...

loving your art.. thanks for joining in The Sunday Stamper..fab!

lisa said...

Hi Sally. What a stunning card. That flower is just fantastic. Glad work is going ok.
May see you at Harrogate, it's only a few miles from me so I had thought I might slope along and be tempted by lots of lovely things!!

Lisax

Christine said...

Ohh this is gorgeous I do like the graphicus stamps have a few must get them out after seeing your lovely creation.. I am going to Harrogate on the Sat.. might see you there??

hugs Christine xx

Michelle said...

Hi Sally
Thanks for your great comment on my blog. Love your big flowers they are stunning!!! I will be at Harrogate on Saturday and will probably be sitting with a group of ladies doing a swap at lunchtime so come and say hello.
x Michelle