Sunday 25 October 2009

One of those days

What happened to the extra hour? Well I know exactly what happened to ours. It was spent mopping up the freezer after it defrosted itself all over the kitchen floor! I got something out to defrost last night, but can't have closed the door properly, although I could swear that I did. A bag of blackcurrants and two ice lollies made it look like a murder scene! I have made a very large rhubarb crumble, a large lamb hotpot and there is a chicken to roast in the fridge along with some pork chops that will probably get stewed for another day. Fortunately it wasn't as well stocked as it sometimes is, although the sorbet, fish fingers and several other bits and bobs got thrown away.

In between cooking and mopping I managed to make this card for one of the girls next door. She will be nine next weekend. The stamp is 'Willow with Cookies' by Whiff of Joy. I coloured it with promarkers. The ribbon is 'borrowed' from Megan's stash and the card is punched with my Martha Stewart Doily Lace punch. The Papers are from Dovecraft and I've had them ages. The sentiment is from Craftwork cards.

4 comments:

lisa said...

Ohh Sally, you have had a day of it. It's so easy done, it's happened to me in the past too, but having to cook loads of thawed food is not a great deal of fun is it.
Your card is beautiful. I have taken notes of your colouring!!!! I still need lessons with this image!!
Your neighbour will love it.
Hope your Monday has gone well, at least you won't have to think about what to make for tea!!

Lisax

Milena said...

Oh dear Sal, too much water seems to be a running theme between the two of us! Well done for cooking all that food x

Carol said...

Oh dear! What a mess to wake up to, still you found the time to craft and a few ready meals you will be grateful for during the week :)

Fab card !

Carol

Spyder said...

and in spite of all that defrosted water you've made a fabby card!
Lovely coloured image, and really nice lay-out
((Lyn))