Monday 16 November 2009

By the Cute and Girly Challenge - Winter Wonderland





Here is my entry for this months By the Cute and Girly Challenge. Please check out this great challenge blog - there are lovely prizes on offer! I had been hoping to take photos of my project in daylight, but I couldn't wait! It has been such a long time coming, and I had planned it in my head almost as soon as the challenge was announced. Sunday allowed me about 3 hours uninterrupted craft time and then I put the finishing touches to it at about 11 last night! I made my own size exploding box (inspired by Elaine) and made the backing paper using versamark, Clear choice snowflake stamps, a whispers stamp and Tim Holtz faded jeans and dusty concord DI. The lid used my spellbinders shapeabilities snowflake dies and the other snowflakes were a variety of punches. I finished off with a few dots of stickles and a few gems. You slide off the lid and the snowflakes bob about! Cool! I think I've come up with something to follow my card last month...hope you like it and thanks for looking!

13 comments:

Lynne K said...

Another stunning box, Sally. Superb! I must get round to making one. When I've done some Christmas cards.....

Jules said...

Hi Sally

Wow .. .. .. this is gorgeous.

I love it!

Great project. I love your papers and those beautiful snowflakes.

It must have taken for ever to make - but is well worth it.

Thank you for playing along with By the Cute and Girly this month.

Love Jules xx

magic boxes said...

Sally this is beautiful!

I love the colours you've used.

A little piece of winter wonderland - absolutely gorgeous.

I agree - couldn't you just curse this lack of light, it's so difficult to take photos at the moment.

Elaine x

Beryl said...

This is wonderful. Love the background and snowflakes. Thank you for sharing it with us a By the Cute and Girly.
Berly xx

Lesley said...

Beautiful box Sally! I have just got some snowflake nesties but not tried them out yet - yours look fab! xx

Juls said...

this is stunning!! Love all the snowflakes springing from the centre!! Thanks for joining us at BTC&G!

lisa said...

Brilliant Sally. I feel another winner coming on. The snowflakes on the top are gorgeous.

Lisax

pinky said...

what a gorgeous box you have made, stunning papers and love the big snowflakes. Thanks for playing at BTCG this month.
Pinky

Scrappymax said...

Beautiful explosion box.
Thanks for joining us this month at BTC&G.
Max x

Michelle said...

Hi Sally
Some stunning work on your blog lately, the knicker card is inspired, love it and the bright colours of the flower card are a real lift in these dark days.
This box though is brilliant. So clever!
Thanks for your lovely coments on my blog.
x Michelle

June said...

A stunning christmas box sally, gorgeous for a gift
hugs June xxx

brenda said...

Hi Sally

I have been itching to see this ever since you told me about it. And it is just as gorgeous as I antisipated.

Thank you for joining us at By the Cute and Girly this month and good luck with the draws.

B x

Lora said...

This is beautiful! I haven't made and exploding box for ages but this has certainly inspired me to make some for Christmas.
Thanks for joining us at BTC&G
Lora x