Wednesday 6 January 2010

Tuesday Taggers and I've won a lovely prize!



Tuesday Taggers theme this week is just Black and White. I wanted to play with a couple of stamps I bought recently. Both are Hero Arts - the birds are from a set of clear stamps and the Leaf Flourish is wood mounted. I stamped the black paper I used for the roses  with the leaf flourish too, but in white this time. The sentiment is from Graphicus. The roses were made following Brenda's instructions. Awful photos, but I had to use flash.
We have missed the worst of the weather here by about 10 miles. Mansfield and the surrounding area has had loads of snow, but we have been lucky (?). Our hilly road is still very icy, but negotiable with care. The school where I work has been open and all staff have made it to work... many children haven't though. I had a class of eleven today! We have let them out at playtimes too and they have worked together to build the most amazing snowmen. We did ban sliding and snowballs though (I know! What meanies!) Meg's school was closed as many staff live in the north of the county, so she spent the day with a friend after sleeping in, lucky thing! I was the lucky one later though - I found out I had won a set of stamps from the stamp man blog hop! Woo hoo!

15 comments:

Lynne K said...

Great card, Sally. The monochrome look certainly makes a nice change sometimes. Congratulations on your blog hop win!

Davi said...

Sally, this is a very pretty card! I love your flower and the dps and the design. The monochromatic theme is great!

chris said...

Its lovely to win something sally you deserve it.
love your black and white card very inspiring.
I think its great that you let the kids build a snowman, my sons school dont seem keen on them playing in it,mind you not a problem today school is cancelled.
Hope to see you soon love chris xx

Cath Wilson said...

Well done for winning the stamps :) Sounds as if you're similar to us - we've had loads of snow but it wasn't anywhere near as bad as in other places in the UK - we always miss extremes! It does look pretty but it's treacherous out there. Bet the kids loved it :) All schools around here are closed - don't understand why because it really isn't that bad.

Cath Wilson said...

Oops, forgot to say I love your card - I'm just about to do some black and white. I also love those Hero Arts stamps - naughty!

lisa said...

A gorgeous card Sally. Monochrome is always so classy and I like the black roses, very daring!!
Glad you've missed the worst of the weather although it looks stunning here today with the most vivid blue sky.
Congrats on your Blog Hop win, enjoy your stmaps.

Lisax

Teri said...

Fabulous project! Love it!
Thanks for sharing at Tuesday Taggers this week - hope to see you next time too.
Hugs,
Teri x

brenda said...

Oh Sally, I love it , love it, love it.

Oh did I say I liked your card ?

Black and White is still one of my favourite combos and always looks so smart. And your roses are just fab.

b x

PatR said...

Great card and thanks for joining TT this week. Congrats on your Blog hop win.
Pat xx

Neet said...

Am busy keeping the birds fed in this awful weather and your card reminded me to check on the bird table. Hope that does not sound bad! Your card is lovely - like how you have put the different elements together and the HA stamps are fab.
Now to become a follower of your blog.

Michelle said...

A lovely card Sally. Your new stamps are fabulous and you've used them well. a perfect entry for Tuesday Taggers. Thanks so much for joining us this week,
x Michelle

Viv said...

Great card - and great stamps!

Unknown said...

Fabulous Card Sally, congratulations on your win.....I really worry about the restrictions on our children, (in case of suing.....), our schools here in Edinburgh have carried on as usual..thankfully, with moans from the kids having to walk in the snow and slush, and I am fed up of saying, when I was a girl, as if it was 100 years ago, instead of 40....LOL....many thanks for playing along at Tuesday Taggers this week. Hugs Avril xxx

Unknown said...

A fantastic card I can see why you were dying to use those stamps! Thanks for joining us at TT this week x Janet

Denise Clark said...

Wonderful images! The black and white contrast really pulls attention to the actual image with absolutely no clutter. Gorgeous!