Friday 18 June 2010

Tag you're it - Who inspires you?

The challenge on Tag you're it this week is to create a tag in the style of someone who inspires you. I really struggled to choose between several people for this. Eventually I decided on Michelle Zindorf. I have spent many an hour looking at her wonderful creations and tutorials, and it was her blog that encouraged me to get my brayer out (after many failed attempts) and have another go. I'm still learning, but I throw a lot less away these days!
For this tag I used a big and juicy ink pad (Spice), Leaf flourish stamp (Hero Arts), tree stamp (stampin' up), Bullrushes stamp (Stampscapes) and butterscotch Adirondack ink for the moon and a white gel pen

I have also picked up a few tips along the way from Brenda, Tracey Dutton and Barbara Gray. I can recommend watching all of them demonstrating!
Told you I was in the mood to get inky! Thanks for looking!

19 comments:

Netty said...

Beautiful tag. Love it. Annette x

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Hi Sally - a beautiful tag - love the brayering and those beautiful delicate trees. Great choice of colours too.
Hugs, Sylvia xxxx

Cath Wilson said...

Lovely and moody, Sally.

Zoechaos said...

Beautiful tag love the way you have created a scene with so much depth.

Fliss said...

This is gorgeous Sally and I think your brayering is fabulous. I just love the colours you chose too.
xx

chris said...

Sally I always always adore your tags, and this one is no different.
fabulous work.
hugs chris xx

lisa said...

Simply inspirational, Sally. This is a work of art. I've never mastered brayering but love to watch it being demoed. Your swirls are gorgeous and I love the white highlights on the trees. Gorgeous.
Hugs Lisax

Tracy said...

What a beautiful, serene creation Sally, just gorgeous and so inspirational, one day i'll be brave enough to attempt something like this. I adore your tags Sally.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Unknown said...

This is beautiful Sally - those colours are gorgeous together x Do email a link to your blog to Micelle - Im sure it will make her day to see how she has inspired you x Thanks for joining us at TYI and fabulous nes about your eyes too xx Janet

Sue said...

It's a gorgeous tag Sally, you've really mastered brayering, and I love the way you have highlighted your swirls x

Michelle said...

Wonderful Sally. Lovely to see your work againe
x Michelle

Phree said...

Wow, your tag is just gorgeous, love the colours!

Maggie said...

Lovely Tag - love brayering don't always get it right just love to play!

Maggie

Lesley Edmonds said...

This is lovely Sally. Having just looked at Michelle's blog and marvelled!!!! I have to say your tag is stunning.
Lesley x

PinksyDoodles said...

This is stunning Sally.
Clare x

craftimamma said...

Your brayering is gorgeous Sally. I definitely haven't mastered that one yet but the scene you've created is really lovely.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Lynne K said...

Gorgeous tag, very atmospheric. You may have taken inspiration from Michelle, but you've stamped your own style on it (in a manner of speaking!) and it's clear that you yourself are an inspiration to many other people. x

Basslady said...

a stunning tag...love this design!

xoxo silvi (from germany)

Kay Carley said...

Absolutely love this Sally!

Kay x