Tuesday 14 September 2010

Diamonds are forever at Tuesday Taggers

Good morning! This week at Tuesday Taggers our theme is Diamonds are forever, picked by the lovely Pat. After a brief mojo-less moment involving me thinking about lots of bling, I finally came up with this.
Not sure what this fold is called, and I bodged it a bit, but a bit of matting and layering covered up the problem!
The backing paper is from my Artylicious Essence of Nature cd, the stamp (Stamp to your Art's Content) is stamped in versamark and covered in blonde moment's pearl pigments. The gorgoeus little leaf die is by Joy Crafts. My desk looks like miniature Autumn, lol!
Here's a photo of it stood on the table - sorry it looks a bit wonky! Pop over to Tuesday Taggers and see the fab DT projects. We would love you to join us this week with your interpretation of diamonds.
The theme this week at Allsorts is Colours of Autumn, so I'm entering it there too.Thanks for looking!
P.S. I thought I would give you a quick update on why I've not been around in blog land so much. On Friday it was the funeral of my dear friend Julie, who passed away  two weeks ago. As well as 'being there' for her hubby and 13 year old daughter, I'm trying to do what I can to help out. Did you know that if your wife dies and the Child Benefit was in her name they stop it and you have to reapply on a seven page form? What idiotic bureaucracy is that? As if the poor guy isn't suffering enough. Sorry, but I needed a rant!

14 comments:

Teri said...

Fabulous card hun - I think they call it a diamond fold card. (don't quote me on it though!)
Nothing surprises me about the blooming benefits though. Sounds about right!! (bah!)
Hugs,
Teri x

pinky said...

Gorgeous card Sally and the sign of a good crafter...she who can create happy mistakes ...lol. Don't talk to me about forms!! Its a blooming shame, we went through a lot of this when we lost our Dad (long long time ago now) but the system has definitely not improved.
Pinky

brenda said...

Hi Sally

Fantastic. And what a great take on the diamond theme.

You don't need to convince me of the stupidity of our State system, I see it in action every day and work and it stinks.

Thank you for joining in with my Coluors of Autumn theme at Allsorts this week and good luck.

B x

PatR said...

Love your diamond card sally and the gorgeous autumnal colours, it's beautiful. Good luck with helping out your friends family, I'm sure they really appreciate your support at this very difficult time.
xx

lisa said...

Your Autumn card is delicious Sally. I love that new CD. The papers look gorgeous. Your embossed leaf is just lovely too.
What a star you are helping out your friend's family. It must be hard as I'm sure you miss her loads too. You have a rant anytime you want, that's what we are all here for, as well as admiring your craft creations too of course.
Take care of yourself my friend.
Hugs Lisax

Zoechaos said...

Gorgeous card love that fold and the autumn colours xx Zoe

chris said...

Hi Sally, this is so beautiful and gorgeous all of these and more.

have a Rant anytime Sally sometimes it helps to write things down too, I could do with one at the moment!! but if I started i dont think I would stop.
hope you are ok along with your friends husband and daughter, they are very lucky to have a friend like you.

back soon love chris xx

Lynne K said...

This is beautiful, Sally! I love those gorgeous autumn colours, and as for that fantastic fold - well, you're braver than I am! xx

Fleur said...

A stunning card,
Thanks for joining the challenge at ALLSORTS this week, Good Luck
Hugz Fleur xXx

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my Sally this is beautiful the colours and the use of the leaves depict Autumn at its best I love it.
Hugs
Lorraine x

craftimamma said...

Great interpretation of the diamond theme Sally. I've gone all autumnal this week too but can't show mine yet.

Sorry I've not been around over since our lovely get together and even more sorry to read of the sad loss of your lovely friend. I have been away from home quite a bit and have had what I thought were computer probs but looks like they were Bloggers fault which is why I haven't been commenting.

I'm away again till Monday evening (in Harrogate talking weddings with Jenna, Lol) but I'll definitely be in touch next week.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Jules said...

Hi Sal

A beautiful card. Love the colours of Autumn .. .. but not Autumn itelf .. .. as it marks the end of summer and the start of "cold weather" LOL!!!

Those backing papers are gorgeous.

Your friend's daughter and husband must be so grateful for you being around to help. What a good friend you are.

Love Jules xx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Great autumn card.

Sally said...

Fantastic Card... Love the colors and the shape. Before I married my name was Sally H... Now Sally J LOL