Sunday 19 September 2010

Three Challenges - a bit of a record for me!

This is my entry for this week's Allsorts challenge, where the theme is 3 or more punches, this month's Penny Black at Allsorts, where the theme is punches and this fortnight's Stampman challenge, where the theme is 'distress'.
I used Penny Black letters and flowers for the main image and paisley swirls for the backgrounds. I stamped and distressed with stormy sky, antique linen and walnut ink distress inks. I am loving this colour combo at the moment. The punches I used (3 different leaves and the little flowers) were from woodware and x-cut. My big flower was made using shapeabilities flower creations 3 held together with three brads. I creased and sprayed the petals before I assembled them with a combination of starburst stains and creative colour sprays. Here is a close up of the flower...
 The Sponsor at Allsorts this week is Stamp Addicts, and of course the Stampman have a wonderful voucher on offer for their winner and Penny Black have some fabulous stamps available for their winners.
Thanks for looking!

22 comments:

pinky said...

You are so creative Sally, this card is absolutely stunning!!
Pinky

chris said...

STUNNING, STUNNING, STUNNING, Hey Sally I love this so much. its incredible. hugs chris xx

Zoechaos said...

Another stunning card Sally love the stamping and the big flower. xx Zoe

Rachel said...

Amazingly gorgeous Sally! That flower is stunning, and i love that colour combo too :)
Rachel xx

Fliss said...

A real stunner of a card Sally. Love the gorgeous colours and the beautiful flower.
xx

Tracy said...

You do this style so while Sally, I really love this.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Debbie Dolphin said...

its absolutely beautiful sally xxx love the flower x
love debbie xxx

Fleur said...

WOWZER what a beautiful card ~ awesome colour combo
Thanks for joining my challenge at ALLSORTS this week, Good Luck
Hugz Fleur xXx

Lynne K said...

Absolutely gorgeous card, fabulous flower, and my favourite colour combo! Wow! xx

Mervi said...

Beautiful card, Sally,
I have those same stamps and love them. You've used them so fab and the colours are so elegant together.
The Flower is a top;-))m

brenda said...

Hi Sally

Stunning.

Love everything about it and that big flower is really gorgeous.

Thank you for joining us at Penny Black at Allsorts this month and Allsorts this week and good luck.

B x

Jules said...

Hi Sal

Beautiful work.

I too love this colour combination you have used and the flower is awesome.

Thank you for sharing with Penny Black at Allsorts this month.

Love Jules xx

Teri said...

WOWSERS hun! This is so gorgeous! Loving that big flower, and yes, that is a lovely colour combo.
Hugs,
Teri x

Kay Carley said...

This is fab Sally. xx

lisa said...

This is stunning, Sally. I love that colour combination too. May have to give it a go.
Your flower is amazing.
I have this penny black stamp but inspiration always runs out the door whenever I ink it up. You have made it look gorgeous and inspired me to have another go with it.
Hugs Lisax

Mummylade said...

what a classy card, your papers are wonderful. Thank you so much for joining the Penny Black at Allsorts challenge and good luck.

Unknown said...

this is gorgeous i need to get some more of these colours for distressing i love this color combo

Fleur said...

Me again
Thanks for joining Penny Black @ ALLSORTS this month, hope you will join us again, good luck
Hugz Fleur xXx

Michelle said...

I totally agree Sally, a fabulous colour combination and how you've used it!!!
Love the flower too I'll have to give that on a go! A wonderful entry for The Stampman distress challenge. Thanks for joining us
x Michelle

Vixykins said...

YAY! Starburst stains (not that I'm addicted or anything *cough*) Fab piece of work, really beautifully made x

Fankoo for joining in at The Stampman x

Kirsten...x said...

wow this is stunning fabulous colours and i love the flower...x

Thank you for joining us at Penny black at allsorts this month hugs Kirsten...x

Anonymous said...

gorgeous