Sunday 21 November 2010

It's been a while...

Don't you just hate it when everything happens at once? I've been walking past my craft table giving it a loving stroke and wishing I had more time most days this week! I've spent a bit of time in the kitchen making muffins...
Muesli ones...
 Rhubarb ones...
and apple and cinnamon ones.
Finally I realised I need to get myself into gear and hurry up and make some christmas cards! I have finished this one so far, but another two are well on the way.
The topper started off life as a piece of watercolour paper that I inked with Pine needles, Barn door and Aged Mahogany distress inks. It got spritzed with iridescent gold glimmer mist too I stamped over with HA old French writing in Brushed corduroy and then gold embossed the tree (Elusive images) over the top. The edges were gold acrylic paint that was heat dried to male it bubble (Thanks Brenda!) My base card was stamped with an All Night Media pine branch and more pine needles ink.
I made an A5 sheet of that watercolour background, so there are several more to come! I'm entering this card into the Lots to do challenge where the theme is favourite technique, which has got to be stamping (and distress inks a very close second!). Thanks for looking!

15 comments:

PinksyDoodles said...

Gorgeous card Sally. The gold gives it a real feeling of luxury.
Clare x

Fliss said...

Gorgeous card Sally and those muffins look totally yummy.
Sunday is my baking day too as it's the only day with enough time so it looks like we both have the same troubles lol.
xx

Anonymous said...

the colouring of the background for your xmas card is gorgeous...look forward to seeing more!

Jules said...

Yummy, scrummy Sal .. .. and that goes for those gorgeous cakes and your amazing card.

Beautiful colours and great inspiration.

I hope you have had a good weekend.

Love Jules xx

Lynne K said...

Wow, beautiful card! Gorgeous background. And the muffins look delicious, as usual. Know what you mean about wanting more time... xx

Michelle said...

Oh Sally
can I come visit at your house, your muffins look wonderful! Love the card too, you've discovered a fabulous look using the watercolour card and the stamping on the background is a perfect touch. Hope all is well at yours
Much Love
Michelle x

Unknown said...

OOOOHHHH yummy I can almost smell them too mmmmmmmmm
Love your card as well glad you can squeeze a little relax time in the hectic spin of life x

Neet said...

Lovely card and what a gorgeous background. I love distress inks - probably my most used.

brenda said...

Card, muffins, card, muffins ????

Card is lovely Sally, but I've tasted those muffins and the apple ones have to win today.

B x

mommabear said...

Fab card I love the background the colours are beautifulx Thanks for shareing with us at lotstodo challenge xx Alison

lisa said...

I'm comng with Michelle, Sal, those muffins look scruptious. Not just one flavour but three!!!!!
Love your Christmas card too, the colours are gorgeous and the pine needles look great.
Hope you get a bit more crafting time soon.
Hugs Lisax

pinky said...

Beautiful...and the card is lovely too lol. Have you got a good recipe for muffins or is it just a general one. Am dying to have a go at these:) Love your card, gorgeous mix of colours sally.
Pinky

Zoechaos said...

Ummmm your muffins look every bit as good as I know they taste. Fabulous Christmas card understand how you feel about stamping being the same it all starts there really. Thank you for sharing this lovely card with us at Lots to do and having fun making the rest LOL xx Zoe

Kay Carley said...

Love this card Sally and I'll have an apple and cinnamon muffin please - lol!! xx

Von said...

I love the card Sally and want to eat the muffins ;)
Von x