Thursday 26 May 2011

Been a bit busy

It has been a bit of a busy couple of weeks. We have been doing Key stage one SATs, and I've been marking some each evening. The maths and reading are pretty straight forward, but the writing seems to take forever. Two pieces of writing per child (Fifty six altogether) to be checked against fifteen or sixteen points each. Don't get me wrong, I love reading them, but it does take a while. Anyway, I finally got them finished, so I thought I would venture into blog land to see what's happening. I might not be a very good blogger for a while as my next job is writing reports.
Well, I will share my offering for Less is more this week, where the theme is 'Butterflies'. I've got a few stamps with Butterflies on, in fact nearly as many as I have trees!
I stamped the 'Stampin' up!' Butterfly and coloured it with distress inks, before covering it in versamark and triple clear embossing it. I used some green pearl embossing powder on the Waltzing Mouse frame that I stamped on the base card, then stuck the butterfly on with 3d glue. The sheen on the pearl embossing powder is lovely, so I took another photo to try and capture it.
I did make another Butterfly card at the weekend, but I felt it was a bit too much like Chrissie's beautiful creation, but nowhere near as good. Here it is anyway
More distress inks, teeny meadow stamps (Chocolate Baroque) and a Hero arts Butterfly. Wish I hadn't done the faux stitching!

 Thanks for looking and I will try my best to get around some of you to comment in between reports, and if Mr Blogger will let me.

18 comments:

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Oh Wow - these are stunning Sally - I love the WM frame on the first card - so elegant and classy and a perfect surround for the beautiful butterfly.

Good luck with all the marking Sally - sounds like a lot of hard work.
Hugs, Sylvia xxx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful.....that first card is just so wonderfully understated.

Mandi said...

Simple elegance
Love your first card
Thank so much
Diva LIM mandi
Less is More

Kathyk said...

Thus proving that less really IS more! FAB

Kathyk

pinky said...

Crikey Sally they are stunning. I absolutely adore that embossing in the first and the second has the loveliest little scene. Gorgeous cards. I fully understand your time consuming job, hubby is PS Teacher too and we hardly see each other as it is but this time of the year is manic for him.

Jean said...

Really lovely cards Sally. I love that embossed frame on the first one. Jean x

Lisa Jane said...

Those Butterflies are stunning Sally.. i cant choose between them!
Lisa x

Dolly Daydreams said...

Elegant, stylish and perfectly formed, beautiful work.

Marie

Vicky Hayes said...

Three of my close friends are teachers so I know how busy you must be at the moment! Good for you to take a little creative break to recharge your batteries! Your cards are lovely especially the first - I love the shimmering effect you got on the butterfly. Vx

Lynne K said...

Both beautiful, but the first one especially is just stunning.

I'm struggling with commenting at the moment - sometimes it will let me, sometimes it won't. Very annoying!

Don't work too hard! xx

Rachelxx said...

Love those butterflies :-) Gorgeous colours :-)

Sarah's Little Snippets said...

Beautiful cards - the butterflies are lovely. Sarah x

lin_ka1 said...

May the two beautiful cards. This colorful view of the enchanted me.

Susan said...

Sally, these are both beautiful cards!! I love the butterfly on the first. Don't think I've ever embossed more than one time...didn't know you could do that! LOVE the second card....beautiful scene!! My card is HERE

Linby said...

Glad you got to take time out from the marking to make these beautiful cards. The first is my fav.
Linbyx

Tricia Williams said...

Fantastic cards ... The first is my favourite. Nicely Done xxx Tricia

craftimamma said...

I love both these cards Sally but the first one has to be my favourite. That beautiful frame is a stunner and perfectly compliments the gorgeous butterfly.

I do like the second card though and aren't those Teeny Meadow stamps perfect for creating mini works of art.

Sounds like you're in the middle of a lot of hard work. Hope you manage to find time for some play during the half term break.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

lisa said...

It's a busy time for you Sally. Can you believe we only have one half term to go before the Summer holidays!!! Where has the year gone?
Your butterfly cards are beautiful. I particularly love the first one. Creating the white frame is stunning.
Thanks for your lovely comments. The seeds would be great. I could send you some blue ones in return if you haven't got any.
Hugs Lisax