Monday 24 October 2011

Purple mood

Well, as well as tidying my workspace a little today, I've been ink dusting with egg plant (not something you say every day!). I decided to only use one colour after seeing Deby from Inkylicious demoing yesterday. Meg and I had a fabulous time at Doncaster with Lynn from Crafty Linby. There was lots of  inspiration, some of which I will hopefully get around to soon, but here are today's purple creations.
Firstly a tag showing the Inkylicious Santa's sleigh that is available in my Blog candy. The trees are also from an Inkylicious plate called a winter's tale.The night before Christmas text is also from Inkylicious.
Next I made another tag using the Silhouette Town stamp - another one I'm giving away as part of my blog candy. A tiny bit of purple twilight Adirondack crept in on this one to give the impression of approaching dawn.
I added a bit of fine glitter to both. After that I went on to try the same technique with a stamp I treated myself to from Stampalot when I was last there - Penny Black 'berry red, snow white'.
I added a few trees to the hills in the background and glitter to the berries. Well, I'd better be off to bed. Thanks for looking!

17 comments:

Carola Bartz said...

Oh Sally, these are all so beautiful. I like the bluish eggplant color and the scenes are so serene. I don't think I'd even be able to create something like this!

Cath Wilson said...

Beautiful. I particularly like the third one but they're all beautiful. The colour gives a real ethereal feel to them all. Enjoy your break!

Paula Whittaker said...

wow your ink work is beautiful! I cant seem to work with the colour purple but seeing your creations makes me want to try!

Lisa Jane said...

oh these are amazing Sally .. i love the top one .. i had the verse and gave it to a friend when i visited her .. you remindedme i need to go back to the shop and get another ... on no... lethal lol
Lisa x

Vicky Hayes said...

Wow! Jaw-droppingly stunning Sally! Vx

Helen in the UK said...

LOVE the subtle use of colour - brilliant :)

Dolly Daydreams said...

These are just breath takingly beautiful. You have created such fabulous winter scenes for us i can almost feel the cold brr.

Marie

Canonbury creations said...

These are brilliant Sally, the effects are amazing:)
Val x

lisa said...

I love the idea of dusting with eggplant!!
These are all stunning, Sally, it's certainly a gorgeous colour.
It's difficult to pick a fav but the last one just pips the other for me. I love the scene you've created.
Hope the shopping is going well.
hugs Lisax

Jules said...

Hi Sal

Beautiful makes.

I love all the shades of blue and the touch of sparkle. Very magical.

Love Jules xx

Linby said...

wow-wow-wow Sally these are so beautiful. Love the glitter (of course)!
Lynn x

Sue said...

These are all beautiful Sally, I love the way you have created the subtle differences in the colour, and your hills and twinkling glitter is perfect x

brenda said...

Oh I like very much Sally, that Santa is adorable, but I think I have to go with the PB one as my first choice.

Bx

Debbie said...

Hi Sally...these are absolutely stunning. Really effective and so pretty.
Debbie x

Sarn said...

OMG . . . these are just DIVINE. Love that colour and your inking is marvellous.
xxx

Lesley said...

Wow Sally, these tags are gorgeous! I love the colour you used and the stamps are lovely! xx

craftimamma said...

Your tags are wonderful Sally. I love them both and the mono colour is great. I've not tried creating a scene using one colour yet.

My absolute favourite in this post is the card at the end though. That's a beautiful image and a stunning scene. Absolutely gorgeous.

Hugs
Lesley Xx