Saturday 25 February 2012

Free and Easy February at Allsorts

Allsorts are having another free choice week this week, so it was the perfect opportunity to have a play with more trees, Adirondack inks and ink dusters. This first card uses the Lavinia trees in black, with a landscape sky created using eggplant, pool, denim and mountain rose. The stitching stamp is from Waltzing Mouse and the buttons were from Sir Stampalot.
My second card is an easel card. It features all Lavinia stamps and inks in Sunshine yellow, peach Bellini, Mountain rose and Slate. I used a tonic punch for the border.
I added a few shadows on the leaves in the foreground, some roots on the tree, a little trunk detail  and a few fronds of grass round the bottom of the fence. I could have done with using a pen that was slightly paler, but never mind. There was a rather spectacular sunset here this evening with orange and bright pink in abundance. Unfortunately I didn't take a photo in time.
Welcome to my new followers Mandy, Victoria, Ellie and Louise. Thanks for following and I hope you enjoy looking around my blog.
Hope everyone has a great evening. Thanks for looking!

18 comments:

Cath Wilson said...

Love both of these, Sally, but especially the first one. I always use Mountain Rose for skies and it's one of my favourite ink colours. Lovely work - love the additions in the second card, too x

Ruth said...

These are so beautiful. Very tranquil scenes - lovely cards, Ruth x

Doreen said...

Two gorgeous cards Sally,beautiful scenes.xxx

brenda said...

Two stunning pieces Sally, to choose is difficult but probably the easel has the edge, it's in the name.

Thank you so much for sharing with us at Allsorts this week and good luck.

B x

Vicky Hayes said...

Oh gorgeous Sally! I particularly like the first with those gorgeous moody colours - and I like the stitched embellishment too. Whenever I do these scenes I work from memory, but your idea of taking photos is much better!

Lisa Jane said...

ooh wow two fabulous cards . I love the first one.. so striking.
Lisa x

craftimamma said...

These are both gorgeous Sally. I love the colours you have used to build up the backgrounds. The first one has a very soothing look to it and I love that stitching stamp and the buttons on the side.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Anonymous said...

OMW Sally!! These are gorgeous but the second one is AMAZING!! I love it!
xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Gorgeous cards and I love your Ninjabread too

Debbie said...

Oh Sally, these are absolutely beautiful. I love them all. You are clever.
Debbie x

Lesley Edmonds said...

Hi Helen,
I love these - particularly the one with the tree on the hill. Great composition. I really like the subtle colours too.
Have a good week.

pinky said...

Beautiful cards Sally. Love how you have captured the shadows of the trees in the first and the scene in the second is just amazing!!

Anne said...

Oh wow, these are just stunning, LOVE that tree stamp !
Anne
x

Linby said...

Two fabulous cards, I particularly like the first one - so serene.
Lynn x

Jo Channon said...

Simply stunning! Loving the colours and the placement of the stamps really well done. Thankyou for entering this into the Allsorts Challenge this week and good luck! Jo x

Sue said...

These are beautiful Sally, I love the first one with the gorgeous sky, the panel is so striking against the white card x

Paula Whittaker said...

beautiful ink work Sally

lisa said...

What gorgeous trees, Sally. I love the stitching on your first one and that lovely hill on the second is perfect. You really have these beautiful scenes off to a fine art, they are wonderful.
Hugs Lisax