Sunday 5 February 2012

In the Garden with Sir Stampalot

Good morning! Hope this Sunday morning you are snuggled up warm and safe indoors! I think most of us got a fair amount of snow yesterday, and for once the forecasters got it right.  At Sir Stampalot, as it is the first Sunday of the month, it is time for a new challenge. To get you all thinking of Spring and Summer (and better weather!) we have chosen the theme  
In the Garden
Here is my offering.
 I made a tunnel card using mainly Art Impressions clear set for projects 1-3. This set is in the sale at stampalot at the moment so it is a bargain! I also used a few leaves from Lavinia, a butterfly from Chocolate Baroque, and a few tiny flowers from a See-D's set called springtime collection. The whole thing is stamped and coloured with a mixture of Distress, Adirondack and Memento inks. It is so hard to capture the 3d-ness of it in a photo. 
What is the prize I hear you say... feast your eyes on this lovely lot!
Isn't it a fabulous prize? Well, all you have to do to be in with a chance of winning it is to make something inspired by a garden and enter it into the challenge (with no more than 5 other challenge entries). Pop over to the challenge blog for some inspiration from my lovely teamies.
Thanks for looking!

15 comments:

Paula Whittaker said...

a fab dimentional card...super ink work.

Cath Wilson said...

Beautiful, Sally - lovely to be thinking of warmer months and lovely sunshine. Your scenes are always so perfectly designed and executed. No snow here but it's very cold and icy!

brenda said...

Good Morning Sally

Have you got the snow ? The good old Fen winds whipped it around here last night and there was about a foot of it against the front door this morning. I feel great photo opportunities coming on.

Your garden scene is beautiful and super use of the AI stamps. I expect Mary will be going through that gate any time now to meet Martha and Robin Redbreast.

Have a good Sunday.

B x

pinky said...

Your card is so gorgeous Sally, love the shape and gorgeous scene. No snow here and keeping everything crossed it stays away!!

Doreen said...

Your card is gorgeous Sally,love the scene.xxx

Lynne K said...

Gorgeous garden! You could imagine you were standing at the door of a thatched country cottage, looking out towards the gate. Love the tunnel card effect, but I haven't had the patience to try one yet!

Lynne x

Ruth said...

Gorgeous garden scene card - I love the dimension of it. Just my type of garden. Hope you're enjoying the snow x

Tracy said...

Hi Sally,
This is such a beautiful and serene garden, wonderful stamping as always Sally. Gorgeous.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Anonymous said...

Oooh, Sally! This is gorgeous, I love it!! So much detail and colour.
xx

Linby said...

wow, wow, wow Sally this is amazing. I clicked through to the stamp set, and I would not have come up with this fantastic card based on that set alone!
Lynn x

Lisa Jane said...

oh Sally i echo what everyone else has said - a fabulous card - love the design and the little scene you created!
Lisa x

PinksyDoodles said...

Wow, this is gorgeous Sally! I want a garden just like this one.
Hugs, Clare x

lisa said...

They certainly did get the forecast right didn't they, Sally, although the snow is melting fast here and we have lovely sunshine today.
Your card has reminded me that Summer won't be too far away and it'll be so lovely to get back in the garden again. I'd just like my tubs to look as gorgeous as the ones on your beautiful card.
Hope you have a good week.
Hugs Lisax

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

definitely a WOW card, love the 3D of it.

Sue said...

This is beautiful Sally, you really do 'scene' cards perfectly. I'd certainly trade you garden for my slushy one at the moment lol x