Wednesday 8 February 2012

A quick post

 I have managed to make a few simple valentine cards this week, so I thought I would share them with you.
I used a Crafty Individuals stamp for the heart and the writing stamp is from Inkylicious. I used antique linen and Victorian Velvet distress inks.
This uses the same writing stamp with an elusive images heart. Sorry about the strange angle of the photo!
 My final two are both very similar using Inkylicious stamps and an embossed heart. I used mainly wild honey distress ink on the central strip. The paper that the hearts are made from is some very old sugar paper that I used to line the inside of my 'spraying box'. It is mainly Crafty Notions creative colour sprays that I used on it in a vast range of colours and it saved my carpet from getting splattered! The sentiment on the second is from Elusive images/ chocolate baroque, stamped in versamark and brushed with cosmic shimmer.

I wanted to pop into blog land for a bit this evening to let you know that my visit are a little sporadic at the moment as Mum in law passed away on Monday. It is very sad, but now she is at peace, and we can start to remember her as she was before the dementia.
Thank you so much for all your lovely comments and for visiting me, even when I'm not able to visit you.

12 comments:

Cath Wilson said...

So sorry to hear about your mother in law, Sally - you have my sympathies. Lovely little cards - I'm sure it did you good to play and I hope you get more time for you in the coming weeks. I wouldn't imagine it's going to be very easy for any of you. Thinking of you x

Doreen said...

So sorry about your Mum in law Sally.
Your cards are gorgeous.xxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Beautiful cards and so different.

I'm sorry about your MIL.

Anonymous said...

Sally, I'm so sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. xx

Your cards are gorgeous - very stylish!
x

craftimamma said...

Hi Sally, sorry I didn't get to reply to your email before your MIL passed away. I've been away at Jenna's so didn't get chance. I am sorry for the loss of your Mum in Law but as you say, she is now at peace. My sympathies to you and your family.

You've made some beautiful Valentine's cards and the last two especially would be fab for a male.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

lisa said...

I'm so sorry to hear your news, Sally, what a terribly sad time for you all.
Take care my friend.
Hugs Lisax

P.S. Your Valentine's cards are all gorgeous, very classy and elegant. I need to get my skates on a get one made.

Lisa Jane said...

Oh Sally sorry to hear your sad news . Thinking of you all.
Your cards are all beautiful. The embossed hearts in the latter couple of cards almost look metallic
Take care
Lisa x

Carola Bartz said...

I'm sorry to hear about your mother-in-law, Sally. What a sad time for you and your family.
Your Valentine cards are beautiful, I especially like the ones where you used the wild honey distress ink - one of my most favorite distress ink colors.

Dolly Daydreams said...

Beautiful cards Sally, love all the pretty embossing and the torn papers and fab colours. So sorry to hear about your MIL my prayers are with you and your family.

Marie

walchowDesign said...

Both cards are beautiful!

Jules said...

Hi Sal

So sorry to read the sad news about your Mum in Law. Not an easy time for any of you.

Your cards are lovely. The last one is my favourite.

Take care Sal. Will be thinking of you.

Love Jules xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

So sorry about your MIL, my sympathies to you and your family.

These are very beautiful cards you have made, with all that has been around you.