Tuesday 22 May 2012

Another snippet make

Well, I have managed to get out to play twice in one week! For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, it is Di's crafty snippet challenge, where many of us relive our childhood whilst using up our snippet mountains!  I am here with a card for a friend's daughter. I can't believe she is three already! I found this fabulous stripy paper in my snippet box and thought it was perfect for a little girls card. The rosette was made from another snippet, and the ribbon was a scrap barely long enough to go across the card. The image is a digistamp from Mo Manning and I LOVE it! It reminds me of Meg when she was about five. I coloured it with promarkers and finished it with a sentiment from Waltzing Mouse. The flower is a die cut bought in a pack before I had a cuttlebug (yes, that long ago!)
Right, I've found a spacehopper in the shed. If I can only work out how to blow it up with the bicycle pump I'll bounce my way round the playground!

13 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

oh what a cutie.. love the rosette and i think i have some flowers like that lol

Canonbury creations said...

So cute Sally and brilliant snippet use! Thanks for wanting to case my card, feel free, I love the poppy stamp:)
Val x

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous Sally,love the image and a fab layout.xxx

Di said...

Wow Sally, just perfect! As you say, the image is great and you've made a super card too. Don't little girls love cooking and baking - such fun, and messy too :)

Space hoppers now huh? Maybe we need a one-way traffic system in the playground?

Di
xx

brenda said...

Totally different for you Sal (oops, Hoppity), but love it.

B x

Chris said...

oooh what a cutie Sally and those colours remind me of summer days and ice cream. luscious!
hugs
Chris x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This card is so lovely, such a girly girl image, love the papers you have used too.

As for the spacehopper, I hope you post a video!!!!

Carol said...

This is a real cutie Sally. I'm sticking to the paddling pool and sandpit this week interspersed with the odd icecream! Carol x

Anonymous said...

I love this image too Sally - so cute! Gorgeous card. Love the rosette with the age on.
xx

Bernie said...

This is just to cute Sally. Love those papers and that adorable image.
Careful you don't end up bouncing into the pond with that Space hopper.
Hugs

Sarn said...

Gorgeous card. Oi, stop hogging the Space Hopper . . . give us a go! PLEEEEEZE???

xxx

Lynn said...

Love this image, and beautiful icing colour sugars on the backing paper. Have fun in the playground. Lynn x

Mrs A. said...

Reminds me of my daughter who did indeed grow up to be a Chef. Space hoppers? Join an orderly queue now, no shoving and pushing ! Hugs Mrs A.