Sunday 20 May 2012

Less is More - Babies

Oh my goodness! Where did last week go? I can't believe it is a whole week since I last posted. I have been busy making cards for friends and family which I will post soon. When I saw the theme for Less is More was babies I was very happy, as one of my colleagues on Mat leave went into labour on Friday, so I'm hoping she has had him by now! I really can't get used to how everyone seems to know for definite whether they are having boys or girls these days. Anyway, I made two CAS cards.
The first features a gorgeous Digi stamp from my mate Teri at Delicious Doodles, coloured with promarkers and matted onto some papers from my snippets drawer. The sentiment is from Waltzing Mouse. Very simple.
For my second card I stamped a scrap of white card with a gingham stamp from Waltzing Mouse with broken china DI, layered it onto some white card punched with a Martha Stewart border punch, and added a digi image from Squigglefly, coloured with promarkers. I added a bow coloured with broken China Distress stain, a button and a Sizzlet die cut sentiment. As this has a button and a bow I think it is eligible for Allsorts this week where the theme is Buttons and bows.
Both of these cards used up snippets, so I'm entering them in Di's Crafty snippets challenge. I'll be off to the playground with them and some chocolate limes as soon as I have finished here.
Finally I will leave you with a photo of the latest babies on the river near my Dad's house - nine cygnets...
 all being protected by Mummy and Daddy swan. A good zoom is essential!
Thanks for looking!

27 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

oh wow these are gorgeous .. i love that first one.. it really captures the love .
Fab pics... and although i am not a bird lover .. i do like swans.. and those cygnets are way too cute lol
Lisa x

Gibmiss said...

Hi Sally
Fabulous image.... Love it .....
Hugs Sylvie xxxx

Chrissie said...

Great cards Sally, I really love the second one and your photos are terrific!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

craftimamma said...

I love both the cards Sally. The image on the first one is so lovely and I do have a thing about gingham on baby cards for some reason, lol! It always looks so clean and fresh.

Beautiful photos of the swans. Thanks for sharing.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Canonbury creations said...

Two totally different but fabulous cards Sally but the 2nd one is my favourite, made me smile!
Val x

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Love both cards Sally, and although the baby on the second one is as cute as can be, the first card is definitely my favourite - the image is stunning, and the soft colour choice is perfection.

Super photos too Sally - very appropriate for the Baby theme!
Sylvia x

Di said...

Hi Sally. oooer, chocolate limes. Lost count of the years since I last had those :) Yummy!

Love both cards here, the non-snippets one is a probable LIM winner in my eyes. And your snippets card really made me smile - so cute.

Great photos of the swan and babies too!

Di xx

Paula Whittaker said...

both wonderful cards..that digi stamp is rather fab. Thanks for sharing the photo's.

brenda said...

Nine young is quite an achievement, I ho hope they are able to rear them all.

Two great cards Sal, the think the first is my favourite, like the simplistic elegance.

Thanks so much for joining in with out Buttons and Bows theme at Allsorts this week.

B x

Suze Bain said...

Beautiful cards Sally, that second one is so cute and you just reminded me that I bought a gingham stamp and completely forgot about it. xx

Claudia said...

WOW, Sally, what great creations. They are both stunning! Thanks also for your visit and your lovel comment on my blog.
Hugs Claudia

Chris said...

oooh what cute images Sally and beautiful cards as always.
hugs
Chris xx

Linby said...

ooh I love choccy limes, not had one for ages!
Great cards, love the simplicity of the first one and the cuteness of he second one.
Lynn x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Gorgeous gorgeous cards.

Chocolate limes? haven't had those for donkeys years!

As for the Swan and her babies, Aaaaaaahhhhhh!

Aileen said...

Two gorgeous cards. Super digi on the first and gorgeous colouring. The second is such a cutie. x

Sally said...

Two fab baby cards & my fave is the 2nd one with the all too cute image. I really like your pics of the cygnets, aren't they adotable!
Sally x

Carole said...

Oh my Sally, both cards are adorable and the stamps are wonderful!

Vicky Hayes said...

What gorgeous baby cards Sally! I especially like the first with its lovely serene feel. Fabulous photos too and I can imagine you certainly would need a good zoom lens, swans not being the chummiest of birds! Vicky x

Chunyuan said...

both cards are so sweet.

Jo Channon said...

Hi Sally,

These are both lovely, sweet cards perfect for the occasion. The second one fits perfectly into the Allsorts Challenge this week, thankyou for taking part and good luck Jo x

Jenny said...

I love the digi image, such a contemporary design :0)
The second card is adorable, I just had to have that sweet little baby digi to!
Jenny x

Mrs A. said...

Second card is my favourite too. Love the pics of the swan and babies. wonder if we have any on the pond in the playground! Hugs Mrs A.

Deanna said...

Stunning cards and photos. Really love the first one because it captures the bond of mom and baby! The colors you used are wonderful!

Carol said...

Two gorgeous snippet makes Sally. Your photos are fabulous too. Carol x

Mandi said...

Super cards Sally
Photos are FAB too
Thank you very much
mandi
"Less is More"

Bernie said...

These are both fabulous Sally. Love the loving image on the first and gingham on baby cards is always just perfect.
Beautiful photos of the swans. Using a zoom is wize, I can tell you those parents can and will bite and bite hard.
Hugs

Sarn said...

Fabulous cards and gorgeous swan pictures. Lovely.

Hope you're enjoying all this lovely sunshine this weekend.

Hugs,Sarn xxx