Sunday 12 August 2012

What a great day!

We had a great day today, when these lovely ladies came to visit (Thanks for the photo, Lisa!). From the left there is Jules, Lisa, Brenda, me, Meg and Lynn. We spent much of the day chatting, eating and drinking. There was a moment or two where we stamped and die cut too, but the thing we did the most was laugh! I am still smiling now! It was wonderful to chat to Ruth from 'A Passion for Stamps' using skype too. Brenda brought some of Ruth's stamps, manufactured by Tonic, and I stamped some before she left. I have to say how impressed I am by how beautifully they stamp. They are now top of my shopping list! I will make a card with them soon.
Finally, after everyone had gone home I got to see Mo Farrah and Usain Bolt make history, and Tom Daley get a well deserved Bronze Medal. All these Olympics have seriously affected my crafting, and thanks Brenda, for pointing out the attributes of lycra to me!!!

6 comments:

brenda said...

Didn't we have a lovely day, thanks so much for playing host Sally.

It does the soul good to have a good laugh, even if some was at my expense.....ladies in blue and all that !!

By the time we got home Mo's race was over but did catch his medal ceremony, saw Tom's last couple of dives and the lycra clad final where Usain was fab again.

Thanks again for a lovely day Sal.

B x

Linby said...

Thanks for having us, it was a great day.
Lynnx

Paula (PEP) said...

Looks like you had a super time & you've given me smile this morning - friends are so important.
Paula (PEP)

Lisa Jane said...

oh it was a lovely day - thank you so much for inviting me.. your lunch was delicious .. and we had such a laugh... i hope you were ok last night and the lady in blue didn't make an appearance lol..
Lisa x

Jules said...

Hi Sal

Thanks again for a fabulous day.

I haven't laughed so much for ages!!

Love Jules xx

Ruth said...

Hi Sally,
So glad you all had a lovely time and didn't mind me gatecrashing on screen. It was lovely to see you all and have a chat..Maybe some time again, Ruth x