Friday 19 October 2012

A Birthday Card for Lynne

Here is the Birthday card that I made for Lynne. I saw this stamp from Woodware and loved it, but hadn't inked it up since I bought it several months ago. I coloured it with promarkers in Lime and pear green, purple and Lavender, before cutting out with a nestie and mounting on some lavender card that has been embossed with the Victoria embossing folder. I added a bit of shaded lilac distress ink and a line of faux stitching round the edge.
 There were some lovely samples done with it on the Which crafts stall at the last stamp magic show. Their next show is on Sunday, and Lynne is coming down to stay for a few days, so we will be off to see what is new.
I am entering this into the 4 crafty chicks challenge where the theme is dry embossing.
Thanks for looking!

13 comments:

Fliss said...

A gorgeous card Sally. Love the simplicity and fabulous colours and texture.
Congratulations on your Craft A Scene DT news too as I managed to miss it on your last post.
Well done and have a lovely weekend.
Fliss xx

Paula (PEP) said...

I love these colours together & I'm not surprised you couldn't resist that particular stamp. I like the gentle inking around the image with the white border for emphasis & contrast against the embossed cardstock.
Paula (PEP)

Canonbury creations said...

Gorgeous colour combo Sally and the stamped image is beautiful!
Val x

MagsB said...

What a fabulous image, and so beautifully coloured! This is a lovely card!

love Mags B x

MaryH said...

Really wonderful color combo, and the embossing folder is just right with this soft image. Love what you did with the stamp and the EF together. TFS

Di said...

Wow, a really lovely card Sally! Your giraffe has been eating the leaves on the tree where the tree house is built - at least I think that's what it is - I keep finding leaves blowing round the playground :(

Di, xx

brenda said...

Gorgeous and elegant Sally, sure Lynn loved it.

B x

Vicky Hayes said...

Sally I love this! I'm very drawn to a thistle image and I like the way you've gone with a contemporary lime with your purple to colour it. Vicky x

Mrs A. said...

A very stylish stamp and you have done it justice with your colouring. Love the stitching round the edge. Hugs Mrs a.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

ah Sal, once I once did a beautiful thistle image like this you know wish I knew where it was (gave it away on a card, in those days I used to hand draw on them, was in 1980's and just coloured pencils, and also plain pencil sketches, not stamps then did not find it till 1990's). I could use it as a digi image if knew who had it.. prob in bin sadly.
I love this card and great folder to go with it! Shaz in oz.x

Tamie said...

Love the way you card pops from the embossing. Wonderful clean and simple card. Thank you so much for sharing your inspiration with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

Linby said...

Lovely card, great to have a simple image against such fab embossing.
Lynn x

Leanne said...

Thanks for playing our dry embossing challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks, great job!