Sunday 18 November 2012

More Traditional Christmas at Stamping Sensations

Whenever I think of Christmas I think of robins... I think of robins all year round as well, but they feature very heavily on many of our Christmas cards. I thought I would make a CAS robin card for our Traditional Christmas card theme at Stamping Sensations.
The stamp is from Sheena Douglass and I can see I will use it lots! It may well feature on some gardeners birthday cards too, but with a different background! I used tumbled glass DI and my ink dusters to create the snowy background. The aperture was cut with labels 10 nesties and the sentiment was from Craftwork Cards. I used pinflair glue gel under the robin and the frame to add some depth. There is still time to get your entries in to the challenge blog, and I look forward to visiting you. Thanks for looking!

12 comments:

Doreen said...

A gorgeous card Sally...gorgeous image and fab colours.xxx

Cath Wilson said...

Ooh, I love this one, Sally. Gorgeous image beautifully coloured. I love robins, too - such colourful characters in every way x

Fliss said...

Just gorgeous Sally. Love the clean and simple look and the image is so cute and beautifully coloured.
Hugs, Fliss xx

brenda said...

For me robins are 'the' Christmas bird Sally. And I am totally in awe of your colouring on this one.

B x

Linby said...

wow this is stunning Sally, I thought it was printed, but knew it couldn't be if you had made it. Absolutely brilliant colouring.
Lynn x

Paula (PEP) said...

Just delightful & so real - they really do come & sit on the spade handle given half a chance - I was clearing a bank of aged azaleas & working through from one side I came face to face with a beady eye - a robin was working his way in from the other side. I don't know who was more surprised........
Paula (PEP)

pinky said...

This is a real favourite with me Sally, love that image and love how you kept it so simple and beautiful.

Craftnut said...

I too have this stamp Sally, although not had proper time to play with it yet....i really like what you've done with it, the robins on the allotment are lovely this time of year xx

Lynne K said...

We've got a cheeky robin in our garden which is just like that one! Brilliant card, fab colouring, he looks really 3 dimensional. I especially like how you've framed him in the aperture, and kept the background simple but effective. x

Tracy said...

Robins are my favourite bird Sally, and I love this image. Gorgeous creation.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card Sally...I really must get this fabulous stamp.
Hugs Debbie x

lisa said...

Your Robin is so lifelike, Sally, I love it. This stamp is one of my favourites, like you say so versatile.
Hugs Lisax