Monday 24 December 2012

Yet more Christmas cards

I've spent the last couple of days finishing off the Christmas cards. I'd done all those that needed posting and had a few to make that needed delivering by hand.
 by this point I had reached the very CAS stage and they were in envelopes before the ink was properly dry! This first one was just done with masking, ink dusters, adirondack inks in purple twilight and pool. I stamped the trees and sentiment (Inkylicious) with Stream Adirondack. The 3 stickers at the top have been in my stash for years and I haven't a clue where I got them. They were perfect for hiding a little tear where my low tack masking tape wasn't low tack enough!
 My second card used a penny black stamp coloured with promarkers and the backing paper is from an Artylicious cd. Again the sentiment is from Inkylicious.
My third card was a first inking of a Kanban stamp that I had forgotten I had bought! I ink dusted the background and then coloured the trees with grey promarkers - I think it is a bit too subtle though. I will go one shade darker next time. A bit of glitter glue and the same sentiment finished it off.
At this point I received a gorgeous card from Lisa, and that provided the inspiration for a few more. Thanks, Lisa!

 I used purple twilight and pool adirondack inks again for these, with the freebie from the front of craft stamper a couple of months ago.
Finally I used the Penny Black wreath of leaves, Visible Image Gaudette background, and Distress inks in Iced Spruce, Antique linen and festive berries, along with some flat backed pearls, iridescent gold glimmer mist and tulip paint. The sentiment is from Hero Arts.
Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Christmas Sally. Thanks for another lovely year of sharing your gorgeous creations and sorry I am so bad at commenting (i do love looking )Hope your Christmas is fun and festive and that 2013 brings love, laughter and many crafty times for you xx

Paula (PEP) said...

I love seeing your inking & & masking - determined to work on those techniques in the coming year. Have a lovely Christmas with the family & wishing you a Peaceful 2013.
Paula (PEP)
Thanks for all your encouragement.

Lisa Jane said...

ooh these are all so pretty ..
Have a very Merry Christmas Sally
Lisa x

BożenA said...

Great cards. Very realistic. Truly winter moods