Wednesday 15 May 2013

Three commisions

I have been asked to make some unusual cards recently, and thought I would share them with you. My first card was for the wedding anniversary of one of my colleagues, for her to give to her hubby. The request was for a scene like Wells-next-the-sea, strawberries, champagne and a caravan! The caravan was a clip art image on the insert, and the scene was a Sheena stamp, along with a seascape created with my ink dusters. I was quite pleased as I created the scene from memory and then did a Google image search for Wells. Not a bad likeness! The champagne bucket is from Digistamp Boutique and the strawberry was a freebie from here.

Next I was asked for a wedding card with skeletons on it! The invitation was black with a pair of skeletons on the front which said 'Till death do us part', and my friend wanted a card following the theme, so this is what I came up with. Not something you get asked for every day!
Finally a very plain more mainstream wedding card for a male colleague. The sentiment is one from the Inkylicious set call 'Simply Said'. This set is just so useful, I haven't put it away since I got it! I must make an effort to use some different embossing folders  - I do have more than one, honest!
I am busy making samples for the next Inkylicious show. The stamps are absolutely gorgeous, and I can tell you it will definitely be worth tuning in to Create and Craft on Sunday 26th May to watch Deby demonstrating with the new stamps. I am still pinching myself that I am so lucky getting them before they are released!
Thanks for all your lovely comments. I hope I will manage to visit you all very soon. Thanks for looking! 

9 comments:

Fliss said...

My goodness Sally, some tall orders here but you've captured all the requirements perfectly.
Fabulous!
Hugs, Fliss xx

craftimamma said...

Wow Sally, I would have been stumped by the first request as I've never been to Wells, lol! As usual, you have come up trumps and I bet this was perfect for your customer.

The second one is certainly unusual but I love it. What a neat idea and those skeletons are fab!

The third card is more traditional but it's beautiful and I love the peachy tones.

Thanks for the heads up on Deby's next show. I enjoyed being on the lookout for your cards on the last one and I loved the sentiment stamps but I don't order from C&C so have missed out, :-(. I'm sure I'll pick up some nice ones from Deby at the Dome though and hopefully will run into you and Lynne as well ;-)

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Doreen said...

Beautiful cards,fabulous images and love the colours.xxx

Paula Whittaker said...

3 wonderful cards....really love the first and third one.

Paula (PEP) said...

The first is my favourite - those strawberries look amazing. I love all about the second - apart from the skeletons but that theme was brilliantly sorted with your image & the very clever selective use of the bery deep red colouring of elements. The final is a superbly classy & very versatile 'male' creation. Enjoy your sample-making.
Paula (PEP)

Canonbury creations said...

Loves how these cards are all so personal Sally, ones to treasure:) the seascape is beautiful
Val x

pinky said...

Brilliant work for those requests Sally! They all came out beautifully. Good luck with all those samples, great to see you in demand!!

Anonymous said...

OMW, I wouldn't have known where to start with the first two, Sally! Well done!! I love the last one - so elegant!

There's an Inklylicious demo at a craft shop not far from me on the 8th June. Will have to go! Look forward to the show next week too.
xx

Linby said...

Great creations for the unusual requests, especially the wedding card, love what you came up with.
Lynn x