Thursday 20 February 2014

Snippets for the playground

I am still rather lacking in the mojo department, but rather than stare at craft stuff, I have used the time wisely and got on with preparation for next half term. I did have to make one card though, which is my nephew and his wife's anniversary card. I got my drawer of snippets out and found several pieces that went together, originally from Pink Petticoat. I arranged them on the card and was left with one little hole, which was fine as my sentiment was on a largish nestie that could cover the hole! The sentiment is one from Inkylicious, and I use it for weddings, anniversaries and valentines too! I added some faux stitching to finish it off and a punched flower and leaves.
Right, I've got my waders and I am off to Miss Di's snippet playground to see if I can help with the Ark Building project. There is a roll over week with extra special candy for anyone who enters three times, too. Hopefully I will get round to another couple of entries. Thanks for looking!
P.S. If you are interested Meg has put four of the songs she has written on sound cloud and you can find them by clicking on the picture on the right.

12 comments:

MaryH said...

Now this is just exactly my kind of card! Love the layout, love these pretty papers, and that die with the sentiment is very elegant. It's exactly the kind of card I enjoy receiving myself, and for 'no mojo', looks to me like Mojo was in your fingers when you did this one! They will love it too. TFS & Hugs.

brenda said...

My kinda card as well Sal, like you I love the warm Autumnal colours.

Hope Mr M soon come back, although looking at this he's not too fat away but I know how frustrating it is.

B x

Doreen said...

Love your card,fab layout.x

Helen J said...

Beautiful card. Enjoy the rest of your break!

Sarn said...

Sorry to hear Mr Mojo has done a runner on you Sally, but you've still made a lovely card!
Hugs, Sarn xxx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

What a great way to use up the bits and pieces we get left with so often. I love the sentiment too, a great one for weddings as you say.

Sue xx

Di said...

Wonderful way to use a variety of snippets Sally - and a great result!

Hugs

Di
xx

Paula (PEP) said...

The colours are delightful & i was interested to hear of your process. I especially like the way those large & small leaves on the patterned paper are echoed by the leaflets of your punched flowers.
Paula (PEP)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Doesn't look like lack of mojo to me, this is brill.

Mau xx said...

Hi Sally, sorry I am missing a lot of the time too. Things are a bit manic here, but stick with me and I will be back full time before long ..I hope!
Mojo or not! you found it with this card Sally, Love the colours.
Hugs Mau xx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

What a great snippet card! The patterns are so pretty and remind one of spring. Also, very clever of you to not worry about the hole because you knew you would cover it up. I'm afraid I wouldn't be that bright.

scrappymo! said...

Great use of snippets! Love the sentitment!