Thursday 12 June 2014

Playing with my Birthday Stamps

Hi There! I'm dashing into blogland very quickly with a card I made a few weeks ago to say thanks to Lynne, who bought me this gorgeous set of stamps by Art Journey for my birthday. I ink dusted the background with memento teal zeal, bahama blue and seedless preserves DI. I stamped the teasel and pussy willow in archival black, and the tiny script (Inkylicious) in starlight black brilliance ink.
I added a bit of detail with a gelly roll white pen to finish it off.
I am an infrequent visitor at the moment, but I am almost half way through my reports now, so I am hoping to be back more regularly by the end of next week. Thanks for looking and for all your encouraging comments xxx

13 comments:

Sarn said...

That's a stunner Sally . . .and happy belated birthday wishes to you.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A gorgeous card Sally, I love the background colours you've used and the addition of the white pen giving the feeling of light hitting the them.

Sue xx

MaryH said...

This is one lovely stamp, and how sweet of your friend to gift you with it. Your background really shows this stamp off to a wonderful advantage, and the gelly roll outlining made the black stamping really pop off that background. Beautiful card. TFS & Hugs.

maria's knutselplezier said...

Wow what a great card I love the way you gave those details on it , it looks like the flowers ppop uot of the card , very pretty !! Super!!!

Greetings
Maria

Helen J said...

Beautiful inking, a really classy card.

Canonbury creations said...

Beautiful inked backgrounds Sally, love that teasel stamp too:) Good luck with the reports a very time consuming task!
Val x

Lynne K said...

It's even more gorgeous in real life! x

BożenA said...

Great card, wonderful colors. I love the color combinations.
Regards,
Bozena

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

A truly wonderful card Sal.. love the use of white gelly roll pen.. clever highlights make or break it. Thanks for popping over. Hv been using my brushes more after watching your videos... mixing it with brayer work yest. Find I use multi mediums for ink appplication.
We're really spoilt compared to when I first started stamping. Shaz in Oz x

brenda said...

I 'need' details of that stamp set Sal as I have been looking for a teasel for weeks - honestly I have.

The intensity of colour on this card is glorious.

B x

Darnell said...

I don't often say this and I hope you don't find it offensive, but holy crap! That is a masterpiece of color and design! I love everything about this, Sally!! (In case you couldn't tell!) You put your pressie to good use!! Happy Belated Birthday to you!! Hugs, Darnell

Tracy Harris said...

Simply stunning Sally xx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

This card is just so stunning! You really know how to do the white accents to make the image pop. This card has such a serene feel to it. Very nice!