Wednesday 20 August 2014

A Pendant

I have been playing with some stampboard to make a pendant. I bought the chord, beads and bail from Silver Orchid Beads at Doncaster. For the stampboard I used all Inkylicious stamps.
I began by dusting the stampboard with Peach Bellini Adirondack ink. I stamped it with the worn paint background in Lettuce. I then inked up the fern stamp with  both Versamark and then Lettuce, after which I covered it in clear embossing powder, tapped off the excess and heated it. Stampboard is such fun to play with. I think I am going to make a few more. Thanks for looking!

9 comments:

Joan said...

That's lovely Sally, I've lots of stampbord somewhere,might gave to dig it out and have a play

Craftnut said...

Pretty Sally xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

What a great necklace Sally, I love the colours you've used. I have loads of stampboard somewhere, you've got my brain working overtime now.

Sue xx

Helen J said...

This is beautiful, very classy.

Debbie said...

A beautiful necklace Sally...love the colours. x

Irene said...

Hello Sally

Wow, so pretty, I love the colours.

luv
irene
xxxx

Mrs A. said...

Super pendant but what is stamp board please? I'm sure I need this !! Hugs Mrs A.

MaryH said...

What a unique piece of jewelry you've created for yourself. I've never worked with stampboard (Stamp Scapes used to use it a great deal too). Love this fern image and it's the perfect size for the small rectangle pennant. That's some nifty overstamping with the ink over the versamark, then embossing the both of them to get the shiny texture you've achieved. WTGo. TFS & Hugs. Happy wk ahead.

Karen Petitt said...

I really, really love this Sally! And I have several pieces of Stampbord that I now want to make into gifts for Christmas. I've checked the website out and I wanted to be cheeky and ask you what bail you used. Is it the one that squeezes together? I have also checked out the cord and am wondering what one you used? I know I'm being cheeky but you have really inspired me to make some Stampbord gifts Karen x