Sunday 3 May 2015

Flower power for May at Stamping Sensations

Good Morning! It is the first Sunday of the month and time for a new challenge at Stamping Sensations. Our theme this month is Flower Power and our Sponsors are Crafty Individuals.
Here is my card.
I used the springtime background papers and CI 395 along with Distress inks in Mermaid lagoon, abandoned coral, fossilized amber and cracked pistachio. I ink dusted the background first, then stamped the flowers. After that I used a fine paintbrush and water to remove some of the colour so the daisies appear white, blotting with a paper towel as I went along.  I added a punched flower (tonic) and some fern leaves using a frantic stamper die, oh yes, and some glitter. 
The prize this month is a wonderful £35 voucher to spend with Crafty Individuals. Check out the online store as they sell such an amazing range of stamps, dies, masks and other goodies too. I love it all, and you couldn't meet nicer people than Jean and Malcolm! 
Do pop over to the challenge blog to see the wonderful inspiration from my very talented teamies.
As this goes live I am putting the last minute preparations in place for a bit of a party this afternoon. We are entertaining family and friends to celebrate Meg's 18th. Do help yourself to a piece of cake! 
 Lets hope the weather is good enough to venture into the garden, as we might not manage to fit them all in otherwise! 
Thanks for looking! 

18 comments:

brenda said...

I was drooling over the beautiful array of colorus on your card - that was until I saw the cake, oooooh Sal.

Hope you have a great day and you don't have the same weather as here where brollies are the order of the day.

B x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Such a gorgeous card Sally, I love the match with the BP too. Have fun with your friends and family today celebrating Megans 18th.

Sue xx

susiestacey said...

Stunning card, love the selection of stamps and the pretty colours, the daisies look stunning. Gorgeous cake - hope you get sunshine - chucking it down here x Susan x

Lynne K said...

I just love all the colours on your gorgeous card, and all the chocolate on that yummy looking cake! Hope your weather is better than ours, it's cold grey, windy and extremely wet here just now! x

Sarn said...

What an absolutely lovely card Sally.

Mmm, yummy, thanks . . . I've pinched a couple of chocolate fingers from the edge!

Hope you enjoyed the party celebrations.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Viv said...

Lovely card Sally - but oh my that CAKE!!! I am in the car on the way now! x

Fliss said...

A really gorgeous card in the most beautiful colours Sally.
Oh my, that cake looks totally yummy too!
Have a lovely day and hope it's not raining as it is down here.
Fliss xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A beautiful beautiful summery card, with all details just perfect as always.

I'll be around for a piece of cake soon, just to make sure I get the first piece after Meg cuts it.

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Wow Sally, what fabulous inkiness - LOVE the colours. A totally gorgeous creation.
Happy Birthday to Megan - have a lovely party (that cake is awesome)!!
Sylvia xx

Jean said...

Wonderful colours and pretty stamp used in this lovely card Sally.
The cake looks totally delicious as well. I hope you are enjoying the party, hopefully in the dry. The rain we had here earlier has dried up now but it is not exactly sunny.

Jean x

Gerrina said...

First: Congrats with the young lady!
I loved seeing the photo's in your earlier post; (love making them myself...).
And I have been looking to this card a longer time as the others; I think it is a stunning one!
Enjoy your sunday, Gerrina

pinky said...

Happy Birthday to Meg, wow 18!! Hope the party is going well and save me a bit of that cake! Your card is absolutely stunning, wow to the gorgeous colours Sally.

Linby said...

If I had read this earlier I might actually have popped round for a piece of that yummy cake!
Lovely card, the colours are beautiful.
Lynn x

Bonnie said...

This card is gorgeous, Sally! And the cake looks delicious!

Mrs A. said...

This is really lovely . Such pretty colours . Took a small piece of cake. The bit with no calories!! Lol. Hugs Mrs A.

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

I love the colours that you've used in this card Sally. The flower stamps just look like a wild meadow, It's so pretty. The cake looks fabulous and is even better for having no calories. Thank you for sharing :)

LesleyG said...

wow, fabulous card, love all the colours and stamped flowers, and how you bleached out the daisies xxx

BożenA said...

This card is amazing! Wonderful meadow in the morning ... I love this picture.
Regards,
BozenA