Sunday 6 September 2015

Stamping Sensations for September

Good Morning! It is the first Sunday of the month and time for a new Challenge at Stamping Sensations. This month our theme is Sew Special.It can be sewing real or faux, sewing related images or embellishments or how about a 'Sew Special' sentiment, the choice is yours to interpret as you wish.

Usual rules apply, you can enter up to three times, combine with other challenges, use any make of stamp......but can I please remind you.........we are a stamping challenge so must see a stamped image, sentiment or quote as the focal element of your artwork. It so upsets us to see names come out in the draw who are not eligible for the prize because they have not read the rules. 
 

 I dug deep into my stash for my card this month! The buttons and daisy lace are probably older than Megan, and the DP and kraft card are also quite old. I used stamps from the Inkylicious set Corsetiere (Tape measure and Dressmakers dummy) and Inky Doodles (sentiment, bee and stitching). All stamped images were embossed with detail white embossing powder. I then added a little faux stitching with a white gel pen and a walnut stain distress marker.
Our Sponsors for this month are Stamp Addicts who are offering  a £35 store voucher as first prize. We also have a second prize of a pair of tickets to the November Hobbycraft show at the NEC. Stamp Addicts is a family run business based in Bedfordshire and have been in business since 1992. They have watched the popularity of rubber stamping and all papercrafts steadily increase over time and now manufacture their own branded rubber stamps which frequently feature at craft shows across the UK. 
Do pop over to the challenge blog to see the gorgeous creations from my lovely teamies, and I hope to see lots of lovely entries.
Thanks for looking!

11 comments:

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Beautiful Sally, I love the button embellishments and the colour you've used.

Sue xx

Helen said...

Fabulous card! Love that we all have stash that we've been keeping for that special project for years!!

brenda said...

What a perfect card for the theme Sally and who wold ever know they are not new items, makes no difference at all when it comes to craft.

Inkylicious were at the show to today, but didn't get to them as I demoed for the morning session (and Eddy did my shopping very efficiently from my list), I visited a couple of sponsors and then we had to get home to the girls (four legged ones that is).

B x

Canonbury creations said...

Love this card Sally, great colour choice and stamps. Love this theme too great for vintage cards.
Val x

Lynne K said...

Love the soft colours on this, Sally, and all the embellishments. Wish I could get faux stitching so neat! I have some of that daisy lace too, and it's probably at least as old as yours, if not older! x

Sarn said...

This is smashing Sally. Love your sewing themed card.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

pinky said...

Sally you girls all seem to have the most gorgeous sewing related stamps. I am so loving this card and all the sewing embellishments Perfect!

Zoechaos said...

A very pretty card love the colours, those oldies are often the best aren't they. XOXO

Jackie said...

What a beautiful card. It has a combined vintage/modern look :o)
Jackie xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A perfect card for the challenge and beautiful too. Love the details and the sentiment.

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

A great card Sally. I love these stamps from Inkylicious and I've lost count how many times I've used them. Lovely colours and I like the addition of buttons x