Sunday 24 July 2016

Another card using Dora's Digis

Whoops! I just realised I should have posted this on Tuesday! I had it all prepared then didn't get any further!  To make my 7x7" card I used Be Creative papers and markers. I printed this lovely image (one of the birds reversed) on to smooth white card stock before colouring in and adding sky, hills and grasses with  ink dusters and inkylicious stamps. Dora and I have been wondering what chicks they are and the nearest we have come up with are Stone Curlews. I love their quirkiness and those cute little wings! You can find Dora's Digis here on her blog.

Sorry I haven't been around much. I have been quite busy at school (still 2 more days before we break up!) but there is light at the end of the tunnel! Steve's dad is now out of hospital and recovering nicely at home. His warden aided complex has 'chocolate and chat' in the lounge most evenings and he ventured down the corridor to join his friends on Friday. He is still a bit wobbly, but coming along nicely.
Meg went camping with some old friends for a few days and had a great time...unfortunately so did the insects that bit her, in fact it looks like they had more of a party than she did! Bless her, she has become very tasty to the insect world in the past couple of years.
Right, I'd better go and catch up with my DT commenting. Once I have done that and got my latest magazine article finished I will be in blog land a little more, hopefully!
Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

Dora said...

Try again,

hahaha...indeed, What a seeking out for what kind of bird it is. ((: You made a perfect card with the digi. Great Idea too, to make two birds for printed out.
I do not mind if it is too late, If you can combine it, that is alright with me.
Here is also that insects are bitting, so early too. pity for your daughter. The itch is so nasty.
Have a good creative week!

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Sally, pleased to hear that Steve's dad is geting along better. I too get eaten alive with nasty bugs, so I do feel for your daughter's plight.
Gorgeous card, sweet image and the background paper is fabulous, Kate x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Beautiful card, love the nature theme.
Faith
x

Barb said...

This is beautiful Sally and what sweet little birds they are. Enjoy your summer holidays. Barbxx