Sunday 12 February 2017

Hearts for Valentines day

I've been busy working on my Valentine card for Steve. Inspiration for a valentine card for a man who doesn't do cute are few and far between, so I resorted to a scene in a heart shaped aperture. I used my ink dusters and distress ink to create the background, then stamped with memento ink. The one job Steve has done outside in the torrential rain this morning is feed the birds, so it seemed apt to add his feathered friends. All stamps are from Inkylicious. I added dots of stickles and liquid pearls for the buds and water droplets on the branches that make up the border.
The theme at Allsorts this week is hearts and/or flowers, so I am entering this one there.
This is my thousandth post - I can't quite believe it! 
I will leave you with a few photos of buster the squirrel who is enjoying our bird food so much, lol.


8 comments:

craftimamma said...

What a fab card Sally. Lots of thought and love gone into it too. Love the squirrels pics!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely stunning card Sally, the scene is brilliant, beautifully coloured and designed, I'm sure he will love it.
Lovely shot of the little critter, Kate x

Desire Fourie said...

Sally a wonderful creation
This will also be perfect for one entry as an anything goes creation for our challenge below.
Hugs
Desíre
{ATG with a CREATE WITH TLC Element}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}
PS: Love the squirrel.

brenda said...

A really pretty creation in the fresh Spring colours Sally, perfect for our Hearts and Flowers theme, thanks so much for joining us at Allsorts this week.

B x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! you know I love the scenery cards you do, I love the heart around this one, it really is lovely. Great photos of your garden pets!
Faith
x

Canonbury creations said...

Fabulous card Sally and I love Buster!
Val x

Mervi said...

Fabulous and lovely card!
Thank you for sharing over at Allsorts;-))m

Tracy said...

Really Gorgeous creation Sally, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x