Sunday 28 January 2018

Spring Flowers

 Here are my DT cards for Dora this month. Our theme was spring flowers and the magnolia and snowdrops are some of the first spring flowers in the garden. My card was made with  digis drawn by Dora, which you can find on her blog here.
I coloured both with alcohol markers and used papers from the Dovecraft Bohemian pad. Tag sentiments are from Craftwork Cards.
We had a lovely Burn's Night supper last night and did our bit for citizen science with the Big Garden Birdwatch yesterday morning. We got 13 species in an hour, but no starlings or sparrows at all! There is still one more day to join in if you can. We learn so much about our garden birds when we do. It is the first time Steve and I have done it together, now he has retired and is home on Saturdays.
I have finished Steve's Birthday card and made 2 baby cards for colleagues at work today which I will share with you in due course.
Thanks for looking and I hope you have had a wonderful weekend.

9 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Beautifully designed and coloured cards Sally, I do love floral images and your colours are beautifully soft,Kate x

Unknown said...

Gorgeous cards, love pretty images and lovely papers you have chosen
Hugs Kaz xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

These are both so pretty

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Two beautiful cards Sally, I love the gorgeous fresh green that you.ve used on them.

Sue xx

Darnell said...

These are both feminine and beautiful cards, Sally. I had a chuckle at your comment about making Steve's birthday card and ... at work today. I know you didn't mean it to sound like you were at work making cards! Wouldn't that be a dream job, lol! I think your second card would be lovely in the gallery at Inspired By All the Little Things! Hugs, Darnell

Anke said...

Wonderful cards, Sally. I love the green one with the snowdrops, so lovely.

Hugs
Anke

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Such BEAUTIFUL cards with beautiful colouring and a promise of Spring in them too.

We missed the Bird Watch this year, what a shame, but I doubt if we would have seen any, I don't know where they have gone, we have a regular Robin and a couple of sparrows, we get bird food every 3 months and still have one unopened with another due - spooky! as we are usually running out awaiting delivery.

Hope Hubby's retirement suits you both :)
Faith
x

Wies said...

I have made two beautiful cards with the digi’s from Dora.

Dora said...

Two beautiful cards with these flowers. So soft of colour and both need no more decoration. Perfect done.